The allergy shots cost variate from region to region, in the United States of America, for the patients who are not under health insurance coverage its vial contain allergy serum cost $10 to $ 11 per injection.
Typically these shots need on a weekly basis, but it is also variated on the patient condition. In many countries, this treatment is covered under health insurance plan.
What are Allergy Shots Cost?
Immune cells make travel through the body to protect it from the germs
That cause infection.
The immune system keeps track of all the outside intruder which are found in the body. Any substance that the immune system doesn’t recognize consider an enemy and attack and destroy it.
But its average time is 3 to 5 years; every shot consists of a few substances (allergens) which increase the allergic reaction resulting in the stimulation of the immune system, but the amount of allergen are to be kept in control.
Why is the allergy shots cost so expensive?
Allergy shots cost is quite high as compared to other commonly used medicines; it is also known as Immunotherapy is used to treat allergies by injecting allergy serum. In this treatment, it uses materials either made by the body or in a laboratory to target, improve and restoring immune system function.
In this treatment, it uses materials either made by the body or
in a laboratory to focus, enhance and to restore the immune system
While other allergy treatments, for example, antihistamines or corticosteroids only treat the symptoms of allergic disease, immunotherapy is the only available treatment that can modify the natural course of the allergic disease, by reducing sensitivity to allergens.
In the past few years, immunotherapy is the most efficient method of treating allergy and cancer, but the allergy shots cost is comparatively high.
Allergy shots cost are also known as
- Biologic therapy
This can be done in a couple of ways:
- Stimulating your immune system to work harder or smarter to attack intruder substances.
- Giving you immune system components, such as human-made immune system proteins.
Who should be treated with allergy shots cost?
- This treatment is specially designed for the people who are intensively allergic to dust, mites, insect venom, mold spores, pet, dander and also allergic to some other common triggers of allergic conditions.
- If someone allergy symptoms are not in control even after the use of the traditional allergy medicines.
- This therapy is very useful for the people suffering from allergic rhinitis or asthma.
- If someone doesn’t always want to rely on the traditional allergy medicines
- If someone has some allergy, that cannot be avoided
- If someone is suffering from many side effects due to the use of allergy medications.
Duration of Allergy Shots Cost
It consists of two phase
Initial treatment or buildup phase
This period frequently prolongs to up to six months, in this phase the dose of allergen which is given is increased gradually with each shot.
The maintenance phase frequently prolongs from 3 to 5 years or it may be longer than this, in this phase the allergen shots are given with an interval of one month.
Are the allergy shots cost effective?
If the allergy shots are given correctly its result is 95 % efficient, these shots proved very useful in a decrease in the allergic symptoms and asthma, even after the treatment stopped these shots indeed promote long lasting relief. But still, a doctor visit on a regular basis is highly recommended.
Side Effect of Allergy Shots cost
Following are some common reactions to allergy shots, but they clear up soon within few hours
- Irritation at the injected point
These responses are potentially dangerous but less common, its symptoms are
- Nasal congestion
- Throat swelling
- Chest tightness
This allergy shots reaction is very rare, but it is life-threatening because this response causes trouble in breathing and low blood pressure.